Monday, February 15, 2016

(Belated) Friday Post 2

What I did this week

This week, I took the letters of my name I made last week and put different textures for my first name, last name, and both. I put a mall parking lot as the texture for my first name, and image of earth from space for my last name, and an upside-down map as the texture for an image with both my first and last name. 

After making those, I then put an overlay on top of each of them; I used a carbon lattice as the overlay for my first name, a fur texture for the overlay for my last name, and grass as the overlay for the image with my first and last name. 

The next thing I did was overlay different textures onto three images, and gave all three of them backgrounds. The first one I made was of a car with a carbon fiber texture as the overlay, and a blue planetscape as the background. The second image I made was an eagle with two different metal overlays and the background was the sky with clouds. The third image I made was a tree with a 'space' overlay and an ocean background.

What I learned

I learned how to apply images as textures for different shapes by using the magic wand tool to cut out the shapes, and ctrl-J to make a new layer via copy.

I then learned how to make an overlay on the original image by cutting out the same shape and changing the opacity of the top layer to allow both the top and bottom image show.

I also learned how to apply overlays to irregular objects, such as a car, and make it look like it's supposed to look that way-it doesn't look strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment